Written by Bhaavyaa
The three core ingredients of almost any Indian curry are garlic, onion and ginger. But what makes a good thai curry? Scroll to find out!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, salt, and cayenne pepper and stir to combine.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken, stirring to coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the yogurt and serve over rice.