This serving also makes about 2 cups
- ½ red onion, finely chopped Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- ½ cup packed light-brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt ½ pound rhubarb, trimmed and cut into ½-inch pieces
In a medium saucepan, combine the onion, lemon zest, fennel seeds, wine, vinegar, sugar, and salt over medium heat and cook for about 2 minutes.
Add the rhubarb; reduce heat and continue to cook. Simmer gently for another 5 to 7 minutes until the rhubarb is tender and the mixture has thickened.
Chill until it is time to serve.